The observations of a 50 something with lots of experience in politics, government, life and learning.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

STANDING ON THE PRECIPICE

Three hours until the polls open; 16 until they close. A hell of a ride.

I spent yesterday watching other people work their tails off for me. I just obsessed and listened to rumors and tried to explain the rumors. All for NAUGHT.

THE BIG NEWS OF THE DAY IS THAT I WAS ENDORSED BY THE NORTH ADAMS TRANSCRIPT in an editorial that I wish I'd written myself.

Chicken Marbella for dinner cooked by Chef Sammons and then I crashed.

We head off at 6:45 for a latte and a tour of the polls.

I have received so many calls and notes telling me that we ran a good race. It means everything to me.

I certainly have the most incredible volunteer corps ever assembled in Berkshire County politics.

Thank you to ALL of you.

No comments: